Fun at the Iowa State Fair!
Read below for more information on the Iowa State Fair! Here’s what you need to know before heading out to get your favorite food on a stick:
1. NEW FAIR FOOD: We all know the number one reason most of us go to the fair is for the food. There are plenty of new fair foods to try this year, including the “OMG” Chicken Sandwich, Pork Picnic in a Cup and The Finisher. Don’t forget to download the Iowa State Fair Authority app to help you find all the tasty treats.
2. POLITICAL SOAPBOX: More than a dozen candidates will take the stage at the Iowa State Fair Political Soapbox. Candidates for statewide and federal office will get 20 minutes to pitch the crowd. You can find a full schedule for the Political Soapbox at the link above. (Noticeably missing from the list: Governor Kim Reynolds and Senator Chuck Grassley 👀)
3. GRANDSTAND ACTS: The Grandstand is hosting big names in music (and comedy!) every night of the fair. Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban are just some of the acts taking the stage. You can find tickets at the link above!
4. BIG ANIMALS: You’re sure to see plenty of livestock around the fairgrounds. Make sure you stop by the Livestock Pavilion, Swine Barn and Sheep Barn to see this year’s Super Bull, Big Boar and Big Ram contest winners (just make sure to plug your nose).
5. FAIR TIPS AND TRICKS: There’s always something new to discover at the Iowa State Fair. That’s why we’ve included this article full of tips and tricks from fair experts. Make sure to check out their suggestions before your fair trip!