Change the world – work with us!
Change the world, come and work for Progress Iowa! We’re looking for a Communications & Digital Director to coordinate and create proactive digital and earned media communications projects under the direction of the Executive Director. The person we’re looking for has excellent oral and written communications skills (complete sentences, please), experience speaking with reporters on the record, is the Bob Ross of graphic design, a wizard at coding, and is all-consumed by their communications and social media editorial calendar.
Progress Iowa is a multi-issue progressive advocacy organization that combines cutting edge online organizing and communications with rapid and hard hitting earned media strategies. Our mission is to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems. But we don’t do that on our own – we work as a communications team for the entire progressive community.
If you work with us you’ll stay busy!
- Developing and executing cutting-edge communications strategies, including social media, writing press releases, pitching stories, maintaining media databases and cultivating media contacts.
- Developing and executing cutting edge digital strategies, including social media, email, graphic design, and web development
- Overseeing and developing strategic plans for growth and engagement of Progress Iowa’s email list and social media following
- Tracking and monitoring online analytics to develop best practices and improved communications strategies for the organization
- Managing communications calendar and coordinating with staff, consultants, and Board members to meet relevant timelines and deadlines
- Ensuring our website, social media, and other online materials remain active and current
- Serving as a communications and digital advisor to Progress Iowa allies, partners and leaders
- Monitoring Iowa media daily for social media, press, and organizing opportunities
- Developing websites and unique ways to communicate public policy issues online
- Going beyond the meme, creating compelling graphics for all online platforms
- Managing and creating all aspects of Progress Iowa’s digital advertising
- Building and maintaining relationships with allies and leaders
- Travel throughout the state, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
If these describe you, please apply!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong instincts for identifying and capitalizing on emerging stories
- Passion for social justice, worker’s rights, healthier communities and an economy that prioritizes working families
- Ability to create compelling stories and messages in a variety of formats
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, sudden deadlines, and curveballs
- Experience navigating and driving content on the interwebs
- Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, including health and dental insurance
- Location: Des Moines, Iowa (telecommute available for the foreseeable future!)
To apply, submit your resume and any relevant work material (be creative!) to [email protected]
Progress Iowa is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.